So I thought of a great idea on how to show you how Brian makes me smile...I am going to post a "Smile from Brian" every so often so everyone can see how happy he makes me and how grateful I am to have him in my life, I laugh every day! So for the first post here it goes:
Lately I have been having some stomach problems, not to worry, no kiddies yet! It is kidney stones, and I get them about twice a year. So I was having a rough day with them and last night Brian decides that he is going to let me take the night off and he is going to cook dinner. Great idea right? Well the choices of what Brian can make are: Mac and Cheese, Pizza, Grilled Cheese, or Top Ramen which aren't bad, I actually like these things and he usually does a good job making them. The choice for tonight was Mac and Cheese, so I started the water boiling and handed the job over to him for the rest....sounds pretty harmless right? Well Brian puts a timer on for the noodles measures out the milk and butter and has everything ready and perfect. Buzzer goes off Brian goes into the kitchen without me in there with me trusting that Mac and Cheese is fool proof and that he has done a good job at the before. Well Brian turns off the stove adds the cheese, butter, and milk. Minutes later he comes in with the bowl of mac and cheese. It is pretty dark in the room with just the TV on. Despite the darkness, I instantly noticed that the noodles were not the regular orange color they should be. So I asked did you forget to put the cheese powder in honey? He had a cute look on his face and said, "Well, the thing is I added everything exactly like the directions say, except I forgot to empty the water at the first"......so everything was diluted and he ended pouring the extra fluid down the drain....He was so cute and was seriously trying so hard to help me feel comfortable and relax. He didn't want to tell me to stress me out and knowing that I would get up to help. All I could do was smile and I couldn't help but to laugh I was almost crying I was laughing so hard because no matter how they turned out it was so cute how he just gave it to me like nothing was wrong and didn't say a word! I love Brian and how he does all that he can to help me out! He is seriously so sweet and I am such a lucky girl! I am planning a cooking boot camp for him as soon as I get better, so if there are any girls out there that need to send their husbands/boyfriends/brothers to the boot camp let me know!
1 year ago

7 comments:
that is the cutest story! how funny! that sounds like the time my husband made chicken fajitas and didn't add the fajita seasoning. it was fine with all the toppings on it and everything, it just was just a little, shall we say, plain, without the seasoning! haha hope the puppy is doing well! that stinks that you have kidney stones so often. i heard those are excruciating. if you can deal with that, i'm sure you will cruise through pregnancy once you have kids cuz i've heard it's worse than child birth!! hope you feel better quickly!
I'll definitely sign my hubby up for your boot camp!
Glad you found my blog, now I can read yours too. This story is so cute! I am glad you have a husband that is so sweet.
that is hilarious! and i think I might just need cooking bootcamp! (although i hate to admit it) :)
Hey, so sorry to hear about the kidney stones...take care! I am so happy that you have someone to make you smile...feel better. Tamee♥
Hey Jacquelyn! Bummer on the kidney stones; I'm sorry. What a good hubby Brian is!
Your blog is cute. And it was fun seeing you the other night. Sorry I had to run--what a lame VT I am! We'll have to plan lunch or something so we can chat more.
Thanks Jac for your comments and support about TB. So glad to hear your sweet post about your too cute husband;)! So random, but last night I dreampt that you teamed up with Heid and I on designing headbands...the design was so cool you came up with I woke up and sketched it out, so funny! Hope all is well, you're beautiful:)!
Post a Comment