Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trying to play catchup

Brian and I went to the doctors on a Monday morning hoping that they could pull any strings so to speak to get Braelyn coming, I had tried everything to this point, you name it I tried it from spicy foods to going on walks to jumping on a tramp to castero oil, etc...It was just my luck that nothing work for me.  The doctor had been out of the country for a month and this was her first day back, she took one look at me and said she had never seen me like this and she would be right back.  She came back in and had made the next available inducement.  It happened to be the same day as Brian's Birthday, we took the appointment anyways.  So, after going home from that appointment I organised a birthday party for Brian for the night prior to going in to the hospital.  It is cool that Braelyn and her daddy share the same birthday (they also share it with my late grandpa bascom as well!)

Everyone knows I am sure by now that we have had the CUTEST little girl!  It was fun to look back at these photos to put one up of when she was first here.  Its funny how one little girl can make two new parents so happy.  Labor was great....Not!  I had quite the time, had contractions for a month prior to delivery every 5 minutes 24 7 (even meds that were supposed to stop them didn't), so we visited the hospital 4 different times thinking she was going to come and finally after weeks of not sleeping and they had given me all the meds that they could to try to keep her in, she came!  About ten minutes prior to this picture I was telling Brian how we were never going to have kids after her.  It took pushing for 3 hours to get her out, something I need to be reminded of before having another one....She was defiantly worth all the hard work though!  We named her Braelyn McCall Watson...Brian, when thinking of names one night he chirped in and said how cool would it be if her initials were BMW that way we can get her a beater BMW when she turns 16....for a while that was just a joke and then we both fell in love with the name Braelyn (a name we thought we had made up from combining both of our names, until we found it in a book).  The McCall came when I was entertaining the idea of a BMW.  It was one of the few names we liked and didn't know what to really name her until she was here, I think other than labor, naming her was the next hardest part.

So exactly one week after having Braelyn, Brian went in for his tonsils to be taken out.  He has had bad ones since a kid and for a while now he just kept getting sick and loosing a ton of weight.  So, he had them taken out in the next available time, funny how it worked out being a week after having the baby.  It was like having two babies at home (Note:  Its way harder for adults to get this surgery than it is for kids, kids recover better and faster from it).  Not only was I feeding changing etc every 2-3 hours with Brae, Brian needed meds every 4 hours with food, ice, etc for 2 weeks.  So I had a system down where I put timers on my phone, some for Brian and some for Braelyn so I could keep up.  It was rough and I don't know how I did it, but it was so neat to be able to have Brian home when Braelyn was so little.  These two would just snuggle up and it made for many cute pictures!

Six weeks after having a baby we went to Lake Powell, ya try thinking about that when you are about to pop that you have exactly six weeks to fit back into a swim suit, haha after all is said an done, I had to realize that my body is the way it is now for a reason and that reason is sleeping soundly in her bed right now and she is way more than worth it.  I may not have the perfect body but I have a perfect little angel!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

And your skinnier than ever!! Brae really is so perfect! I just love her! and You!

-Randall.Ashley- said...

Oh geez, you look awesome!! I was so excited when I saw updates on your blog! We'll have to get together soon!

Lisa, Cody, Carson and Parker said...

She is a doll. Glad you are blogging, I think it's time for a new entry.

wuxiheather said...

oh she is a doll. the damages to your body are worth it although sometimes it's hard to remember that! :) your body is never the same after a baby but neither is anything else so i guess it goes with the territory!