Friday, April 10, 2009

BP for Couples Softball

So we are in a couples softball team thing this spring and it starts in May. Since I have never in my life touched a bat let alone swing at a ball, I thought that I would have a little practice beforehand. So I told Brian we are going to go to the batting cages when he got off and he was excited because baseball is totally his thing. I stressed my self out the whole way up, thinking that if I didn't hit the ball it might hit me in the head and I was afraid of getting hurt. HAha so I was expecting to get a little instruction about how to swing from Brian since he has coached for the high school....Brian knowing I have an athletic background just told me how to hold the bat and put the token in.... ahhhhh! So I pretty much screamed each time the ball came it was awesome! I didn't do too bad my first at bat, only missed a couple of the balls due to trying to figure out how high they would be coming at me. Since I have no prior training, I as the dancer that I am flicked my foot every time I hit, don't ask me why that's just what happened, thus the awkward picture of me hitting, but notice I hit the ball, bad form and all! Now all I have to do is figure out how to hit the ball harder and learn to sprint! I think the helmets were the best part of the night, way hot! The picture below is for sure a pic of my husband not to be mistaken as a ten year old kid....
Justify Full

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Good job Jac, I am super impressed! I would be so scared too; not the athletic type :) But I think that's so cute you guys are doing it together, good for you!

tjayandjulie said...

Haven't visited your blog in a while. It was fun to get caught up on what's going on. Loved the way the TV stand turned out, super cute! Keep those updates coming!

Kattelman Krew said...

holy crap! I would have not survived anything flying at me at high speeds...I'm way too clumsy!

The two of you are so cute!

Cheerfully Charmed said...

Hey Jac! I just found your blog through Kristen's. You look gorgeous as always and your dog is SO adorable!

Take care! :)